Important: You are providing information to My SmileGuide that will be managed depending on the type of group or organization of which you are a member as described below or how you have gained access to the services contained in this web site:
1. If you are using My SmileGuide as a student or member of an organization or group that is not a wellness provider or insurance company, your organization or group administrator will only receive data that reflects group data: age, gender, risk score, category, satisfaction etc. Your personal information (name, home address, email address, health information etc) is protected and will not be shared with any company or person. If you are a student and My SmileGuide is a required assignment, your school administrator will receive confirmation that you have completed the assignment.
2. If you are using My SmileGuide as an enrolled member of a wellness or insurance provider that has an agreement with Health Migration Consulting Inc to manage your health information placed in My SmileGuide, your wellness or insurance provider may receive your health information as a part of their wellness or health management program to help manage your health care. If you have questions, contact your wellness program or insurance provider administrator to know what information they can receive from your personal folder. Your personal information is protected and will not be shared with any company or person other than the administrator of your wellness program or insurance provider as detailed in the agreement you have with your wellness program or insurance provider.
3. If you have purchased a limited license to My SmileGuide through our credit card transaction program, your personal information is protected and will not be shared with any company or person.
MySmileGuide.com provides a high level of security in protecting data submitted and stored in our system. Our dental health assessment solution is designed to meet the high security standards of insurance companies and corporations. Among the safeguards in place are:
- Application hosting in an SAS Level 1 and 2 certified third-party data center (see more info below);
- All data submitted to MySmileGuide is protected using secure socket layer (SSL) data encryption;
- A username and password is required to access any data submission and review pages;
- Our application server is located behind a managed firewall, restricting access to the application and stored data;
- The Data center provides onsite security on a 24/7 basis, including security personnel, closed-circuit monitoring, and restricted access to the data center area (where servers are located).
SAS 70 stands for "Statement on Auditing Standard (SAS)" No. 70. This standard was created by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). It defines professional standards used by a service auditor to assess internal controls of any service organization. In order to pass an SAS 70 audit, our data center partner implemented and maintains significant internal controls for its hosting application solutions. The SAS Level 2 audit is considered to be the industry standard for security professionals involved with website hosting. It covers all of the following areas: Control Environment , Physical Security, Environmental Protection, Computer Operations, Information Security and Data Communications.
Your Personal Information:
When you come to our web site, we log your current Internet address (this is usually a temporary address assigned by your Internet service provider when you log in), the type of operating system you are using, and the type of browser software used. In addition, we may keep track of what portions of the web site you are visiting. We aggregate this information to help us create a better experience for users of our web site. For example: we may upgrade those parts of the web site that are heavily visited or optimize the web site to work more efficiently with certain operating systems. This is all done without our knowing your name or other personal identifying information. When you visit our web site you are anonymous, unless you chose to identify yourself to us.
You are not required to provide us with personal information to use our web sites, unless expressly stated. For example, certain features may require you to submit some personal information in order for those features to function as designed. Such information might include name, address, E-mail address, gender, date of birth, and phone number. Some of our web sites may require you to provide identifying information and use individual passwords in order to access personal information.
Generally, we will let you review what we know about you if you ask us in writing. (Because of its legal sensitivity, we will not show you anything that we learned in connection with a claim or lawsuit.) If you tell us that what we know about you is incorrect, we will review it. If we agree with you, we will correct our records. If we do not agree with you, you may tell us in writing, and we will include your statement when we give your information to anyone outside My SmileGuide.
How we use the information gained from the questionnaires
and surveys in this web site
Our business is to promote health, timely healthcare visits, develop wise consumers of healthcare and to develop business partnerships within the healthcare industry, schools and organizations. Data reports are developed from the responses to our questionnaires and surveys to show that our web product is effective in the promotion of health and reduction of health care costs.
We use group data by age, gender, geographic region and other categories to improve this web site and serve our clients.
Your personal information (i.e. name, birthdate, email address) is protected in your secure and personal folder and will not be shared with any company or person.
Cookies and Web Bugs:
A cookie is a small piece of information that a web site sends to your computer, which is stored in a file on your hard drive. The next time you visit our web site, we may use the information stored in your cookie file to facilitate your use of our web site. For example, we may use your cookie file to store a password so that you do not have to input it every time you move to a different section of a password protected portion of our web site. A cookie does not tell us your individual identity unless you have chosen to provide it to us. Most cookies expire after a defined period of time, or you can delete your cookie file at any time you choose. In addition, you can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie so that you can decide whether to accept or reject it.
A web bug (or web beacon) is a tiny graphical image that is typically on a web page. Somewhat like a cookie, a web bug can tell us information such as what kind of browser is being used and what time of day this page was accessed. Some web bugs can include information such as your IP address. Some technologies will notify you of the presence of web bugs, but browsers typically do not notify you of them.
Privacy and E-Mail:
My SmileGuide uses no encryption (data scrambling) on certain portions of our web site, and up to 128-bit encryption on other portions. When you are on any web site that asks you for confidential information, you should check to see if the information being transmitted is encrypted in order to increase the security of your information. If you need to send confidential information and are concerned about the security of a web site, then you should consider sending it by phone or by regular mail instead.
We recommend that all registered user use a different password for each site they register to and do not share their passwords with anyone.
Changes to this Statement
Health Migration Consulting Inc. has the discretion to occasionally update this privace statement. When we do, we will also revise the “updated” date at the top of this Privacy page. We encourage you to periodically review this privacy statement to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the personal information we collect. Your continued use of the service constitutes your agreement to this privacy statement and any updates
At Health Migration Consulting web sites we make no active effort to collect personal information from children under the age of 18. We believe that children who do wish to submit information to My SmileGuide should have permission from their parent or legal guardian.
At Health Migration Consulting web sites we do not collect medical information from any one. We may ask general questions about your health condition without any specification about the condition itself. If you are not confident in sharing that information, you may refuse at any time. We believe that all information we collect is done with your implicit consent.